Scientific and Production Amalgamation "INFORM-SYSTEMA"
is glad to offer a new Online Service for distribution of Russian information resources in printed and electronic formats.
It is designed as an Online Store that provides the opportunity to:
- Purchase non-periodical publications (books) in printed or electronic format;
- Subscribe to printed or electronic periodical publications (newspapers and magazines);
- Order an electronic version of a printed publication (if authorized by the copyright holder);
- Subscribe to a printed periodical publication involving creation of electronic versions of its issues (if authorized by the copyright holder);
- Purchase earlier editions of periodical publications in printed or electronic format (including an option to order creation of electronic versions if authorized by the copyright holder).
Our catalogues include over 3 500 information resources and are constantly being complemented and updated.
If you can't find the resource you need in the catalogue please contact us. We will try our best to implement your individual order.
At present our Online Store targets foreign customers looking for Russian information resources. Payment is accepted in USD. In the future we are planning to provide our services to Russian customers as well.
- Printed and electronic non-periodical editions (books). Creation of electronic versions upon customer orders is possible.
- Subscription to printed and electronic periodical publications (newspapers and magazines). Creation of electronic versions upon customer orders is possible.
- Earlier editions of periodical publications in printed and electronic format. Creation of electronic versions upon customer orders is possible.
Delivery of printed publications
Ordered and purchased printed publications are sent to customers by post (periodical publications are delivered according to their release schedule). Information on postal deliveries is provided in the notifications in Personal Areas of customers. Notifications can be additionally sent by email.
Formats and ways of delivery of electronic publications
Non-periodical electronic publications
The publications are distributed as downloadable files in the following formats:
Formats 2 to 5 contain digital text (recognized text).
- PDF (page-by-page image);
Formats in which particular information resources are distributed depend on:
- Publisher’s choice in case an electronic version is provided;
- Specifics of the content of the information resource in case an electronic version is created by the Distributor (“INFORM-SYSTEMA”).
Files of non-periodical electronic publications are stored in our Online Repository. Download links are sent to customers in notifications that can be viewed in their Personal Areas on the site. Notifications can be additionally sent by email.
If the Publisher has not provided an electronic version but authorizes the Distributor to create one from the printed version, the Customer is offered
to purchase an electronic version created by the Distributor or to order it to be created. This offer is subject to the following conditions and possibilities.
- In case an electronic version is not available (first time order):
- an electronic version in PDF (page-by-page image) can be created within a specified timeframe;
- an electronic version containing digital text can be created within a specified timeframe in a format suitable to the contents of the information resource;
- In case an electronic version was already created by the Distributor in a format suitable for the Customer, it can be purchased.
Periodical electronic publications
A periodical electronic publication subscribed to is distributed in one of the following ways as defined by the Publisher:
- through our Online Repository where editions (issues) of the publication are available as downloadable files;
- through an external web-service administered by the Publisher where electronic versions of editions of the periodical publication are available in online mode.
In the first case when new editions (issues) are published, subscribers receive notifications accessible from their Personal Areas containing URL addresses to download files from our Online Repository. In the second case periodical electronic publication is stored on the Publisher’s server in a format designed for online access. Subscribers receive notifications accessible from their Personal Areas containing information to access editions (issues) of the publication through an external web-service of the Publisher (login and password for specific editions or for the whole subscription). Notifications can be additionally sent by email.
Downloadable periodical electronic publications are provided in formats defined by their respective publishers (normally in PDF). Subscriber does not have the opportunity to choose the format. Online publications are provided in formats supported by a typical web-browser.
If the Publisher does not provide an electronic version but authorizes the Distributor to create one from printed editions of the publication, the Subscriber can
order electronic versions of editions (issues) in PDF format (page-by-page image) created by the Distributor.
When new editions are published, their electronic versions created by the Distributor are offered for download from our Online Repository.
Electronic versions of editions (issues) of periodicals published earlier
Those can be purchased in the same manner as non-periodical electronic publications. Electronic version of a periodical publication edition can:
- be represented in our Online Repository as a downloadable file;
- be missing in our Online Repository but provided by the Publisher upon request in a specified timeframe;
- be missing in our Online Repository but created upon request by the Distributor from the printed version in a specified timeframe according to the Publisher’s authorization.
Electronic versions of editions (issues) of periodicals provided by publishers are offered in formats of their choice (normally in PDF). Distributor creates electronic versions in PDF (page-by-page image). Customer does not have the opportunity to choose a format.
Downloadable editions (issues) of periodical publications are stored in our Online Repository. Their addresses are sent to customers in notifications accessible from their Personal Areas. Notifications can be additionally sent by email.
There are three payment options:
Payments are accepted in USD.
- by bank transfer;
- with MasterCard or Visa cards;
- via PayPal.
Bank transfer takes a relatively long time (3 days or more) and can be subject to fees charged by the Bank. Detailed information on applicable conditions can be acquired in respective bank facilities.
Transfers through e-commerce payment systems are normally received in real-time (i.e. on the day they are sent).
Order processing starts as soon as the payment is credited to our account.
A copy of a non-periodical publication or of an earlier published edition of a periodical is sent to the Customer by post within 3 (three) working days after the day of payment receipt.
A notification containing information for access to a non-periodical electronic publication or an electronic version of an earlier published edition of a periodical is sent to the Customer not later than 3 (three) working days after the day of payment receipt.
Creation of electronic versions of publications upon request is performed within timeframes indicated in the catalogue.
Editions of periodic publications in printed and electronic format are processed and sent to customers as they are received from publishers.
Time of delivery of printed publications depends on post and customs. We do not exert any influence on these services.
To place an order it is necessary to register an account in our Online Store. A registered User is required to sign in.
To access the registration page please click the “Sign in” button in the right upper corner of the homepage and then click the “Registration” button in the “Sign in” pop-up window. On the page that will appear you will be required to provide your login, existing email, password, first and last names, as well as to choose your region (Europe except Germany; Germany; Other Countries). A message with a link to activate the new account will be sent to the email you provided.
The region defines the cost of delivery of printed periodical publications. The region selected during the registration process cannot be altered later..
To sign in please click the “Sign in” button in the right upper corner of the homepage and then enter your login and password in the “Sign in” pop-up window. After you sign in, the “Sign in” button will be replaced with the Username button which shows a menu allowing access to the Cart and to the Personal Area pages: User’s profile, list of orders and the Cart.
Once signed in a User is able to place orders, pay for them through e-commerce services, receive notifications on order processing (including those containing links to electronic resources), exchange messages about orders with the Online Store managers, edit his or her User’s profile. To sign out use the “Sign out” menu option which can be accessed by clicking on the Username button in the right upper corner of the page.
Catalogues, classifiers, information resources search and selection tools
Catalogues of the Online Store contain descriptions of the information resources we offer. To access the catalogues please use the hyperlinks in the left part of the homepage. They lead to catalogues of
the main categories of information resources:
- Non-periodical publications (printed, electronic, all);
- Periodical publications (printed, electronic, all);
- Earlier editions (issues) of periodical publications (printed, electronic, all).
A classifier for the chosen category of information resources is shown in the left part of the catalogue page. It allows working with specific groups of items under a given heading. To sort through resources of interest please also use:
- Filters by: publication format; first letter of the title or of the author’s name; years of publication interval; text in the title, in the name of the author or in the abstract; publishing house; form of periodical publication;
- Sorting tools (sort by title or by author in alphabetical order, sort by price, by year of publication, by popularity, by date of inclusion into catalogue);
- Tools of Context search, which is performed in titles, authors, abstract, publishing house and ISBN number in combination with filters by type of publication, format of publication, publishing house, years of publication interval, form of periodical publication and its frequency;
- Hyperlinks in descriptions of information resourcesthat allow filtering by author, publishing house, year of publication, title and form of periodical publication.
The number of descriptions of information resources per page is adjusted by choosing one of the following: show 10, 20, 30, 50, or 100 descriptions per page.
Description of information resource
While browsing the catalogue, short descriptions of information resources. are displayed. “Show more” button launches a page with full description of the resource. The right part of that page contains buttons that show:
- Prices for a non-periodical publication in a printed and/or electronic version in various formats;
- Prices for subscription to a periodical publication in printed and/or electronic version for different periods (including an opportunity to request creation of electronic versions of editions of certain printed publications);
- Prices and timeframes for creation of electronic versions of a printed non-periodical publication in different formats;
- Prices for an earlier published edition (issue) of a periodical in printed and/or electronic version;
- Price and timeframe for creation of an electronic version of an earlier published edition (issue) of a periodical.
Clicking one of those buttons will place the respective offer into the Cart.
Prices for printed editions include their delivery cost. Since the cost of delivery of printed periodical publications depends on the Customer’s Region of residence, the final prices for them are shown after User signs in.
An Order can contain many information resources (purchased copies and/or subscriptions), all of which are billed together. To simplify registration and processing of orders it is recommended not to place together printed and electronic resources as well as non-periodical and periodical resources. These categories of resources should be ordered separately.
To access the Cart a respective option should be used from the menu, launched by the Username button in the right upper corner of the page. The Cart page gives the possibility to:
- Set the number of copies of a printed publication to be purchased;
- Remove an information resource from the order;
- Choose a period of subscription to a periodical publication.
Subscription to a periodical publication can be purchased starting from the nearest subscription period available. It can last for 3, 6 or 12 months. Beginning of a subscription period depends on the current date and the publication’s frequency. Beginning of a subscription period is determined by the system and cannot be changed by the Customer.
The “Recalculate” button allows recalculating the total cost. As a result positions that were checked are removed from the order.
To return to the catalogues please press the “Continue shopping” button.
Order completion and payment process
The “Purchase” button opens the order completion page, where it is required to:
- Enter the delivery address (if ordering printed publications);
- Choose method of payment;
- Enter additional information related to payment and order processing if necessary.
First name, last name, email address and phone number are automatically copied to the order description from the User’s profile. This information can be then edited in the order description.
The “Confirm order” button registers the order in the system. The list of orders being processed is shown in the User’s Personal Area. Description of an unpaid order contains the “Make payment” button in the right bottom corner:
- If payment by bank transfer was selected, clicking the button will open a window with the bill for the order which can be printed or copied to the clipboard;
- If payment by PayPal or payment card was selected, clicking the button will open a page of e-commerce payment service.
An order can be paid either immediately after placement or later on from the Personal Area.
It is recommended to pay for orders within 7 (seven) days after their placement. Orders not paid for within the specified period can be deleted by our managers.
Personal Area includes User’s Profile and Orders Management page.
To access the Profile please choose the “Profile” option from the menu launched by the Username button in the right upper corner of the page. Profile sections can be accessed by clicking the hyperlinks in the left part of the screen. The Profile allows filling in and editing User’s personal information and service operation parameters:
- First and last names;
- post address for printed publications delivery;
- phone number;
- preferences for notifications and email messages.
The Orders Management page allows showing two lists of orders: orders in process and archived orders. You can switch between the two by using hyperlinks in the left part of the page.
List of Orders can be sorted by date or by total cost. Every order contains information on its date, number, total cost, method of payment, information resources ordered, and processing status.
The “Show more” button opens the order description. showing contents of the order as a table, where every item (of an information resource) lists its name, type, number of copies, format of electronic publication, subscription period (starting month and duration), price per copy, total amount due for all copies. Titles of information resources are presented in the table as hyperlinks leading to the corresponding descriptions in the catalogue. Under the table you can find the total cost of the order. If the order is not paid for yet, the “Make payment” button is shown below.
To the right of the number and date of the order the “Notifications” and “Messages” buttons are located. The first button opens the window of notifications that are sent to the Customer by managers and the system and show order processing status and relevant events. Each notification begins with date and time and gives brief information on the event, e.g. order placement, payment receipt, sending printed materials by post, upload of an electronic resource to the Online Database etc. Notifications contain links to electronic versions of information resources, placed in our Online Database or on external web-servers, as well as the access parameters (logins and passwords).
The “Messages” button opens the window of messages, which the Customer and the Online Store managers can exchange. The messages are shown in the window opposite one another. To create a message, please click the “Compose” button, type the text in the field, specify the subject and click the “Send” button.
Notifications and messages are related to the current order so their content is limited by its context. When the necessary parameters are set in the User’s Profile, notifications and messages are sent to his or her email.
The list of orders in process contains the “Send to archive” button which is placed to the left of the “Show more” button. It transfers an order description to the archive list.This option helps avoid cluttering the current list with old orders that have already been fulfilled and thus present no interest to the Customer. Description of an order transferred to the archive list does not contain the buttons to open notifications and messages windows or to make payment. An order cannot be returned to the current list from the archive list.
An order can be cancelled if its processing was not started.
To cancel an order and have the payment returned please contact managers of our Online Store via email (Click here to show e-mail address) indicating the order’s number.